Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Travel Experience with MSRTC

     It’s very funny to write about Public Transport experience but I am here to share unexposed things and this is why I am having this blog.

     MSRTC (stands for Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) is Maharashtra’s Public Transport service run by State Government. State Transport (ST) is popular word on people mouth but it has been seen that most of the time people are unhappy with the service. In my Childhood, I was looking only Red colour buses. Today, they are available in Green+White, Violet and many more colours.

     Last year, when I got admitted in my new University (for higher education), It is in Konkan area where Railway is not directly connected to my home city. I was having no option than choosing ST for traveling.
Semi Luxury Buses (Available on my Route)
     When I visited MSRTC portal, it was well itself. I found some new services are being provided by MSRTC. I like Shivneri Volvo service but it is unavailable on my route. Again, Sheetal and Ashwamedh are other cool services to enjoy. Today, I book my MSRTC tickets online and also able to check out time table for specific path. Lets check out some new buses introduced by MSRTC.
Ashwamedh
Sheetal
Shivneri Volvo
      After dozens of long journeys, I have experienced bunch of experiences, some of them are good where as some are bad. Every time, I met with various local persons traveling along with me.

Advantages:
     Traveling by Road is costlier and time consuming but when it comes to select between MSRTC and other private transportation, I will always go first for MSRTC. The reasons behind this are;
1. There is not much difference in Fare charges taken by MSRTC and other services.
2. Apart from this, MSRTC drivers are more experienced and responsible persons. So it is safe journey.  
3. If anything wrong (say accident) happens, you get free medical help and or monetary help by government.

Disadvantages:
     Though, I am praising MSRTC from beginning, I am too an unsatisfied customer. Here are points to check out;
1. Late running of buses.
2. Poor cautions.
3. Unattractive interior of ordinary and semi-luxury buses.

     Being positive, I appreciate the recent changes and up gradations made by MSRTC. It’s time to change our mentality and help them to raise our social status. If everything goes positively, one day, all Shivneri, Ashwamedh and Sheetals will be on the road of Maharashtra and there will be no space for ordinary old fashioned buses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like this post? Give us your minute and write a comment..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...